Welcome to the computer lab. Be nice to the sub.
Your work for the day consists of creating three complete outlines, each of which could be expanded into a complete essay.
Because I order you to do it, by the authority vested in me by the administration, your parents, and the state, and you must comply.
Also, If you are able to write a well-structured essay, even if many of the other aspects of your writing are very poor, you will still probably pass the test. Having gone through many of these tests, and examined the grading procedures, there’s nothing that will earn you more points than a strong structure and well-developed ideas.
So what are we supposed to do?
- Open up this word processing document: Outline practice worksheet. It contains three questions and outline “skeletons” ready for you to fill in the blanks.
- Put your name on the top
- The first two questions, you can answer from knowledge and experience you already have. Make up evidence and examples if you want to.
- On the last question, you’ll need to read this article first (link), gather information and evidence, and then outline your answer to the question. We practiced this in class with the article about Nine Inch Nails. If you paid attention, it should be pretty easy.
- REMINDER: When you fill in the blanks in the outline, just include brief notes, not whole sentences or paragraphs. You just need enough information to remember what you wanted to say.
- In the evidence/example space, be very specific. Think of a story or fact to support your point. Don’t restate what you write under “premise.”
That’s it! Finish it, print it, hand it in on Friday in class for big points. If you finish early, please be respectful of the others in the class still working.